Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Mermaid tea party

I'm not one for making pizza faces or hedgehog bread. However a little bit of imaginary play with food can come in very handy. My eldest daughter has never allowed a piece of tuna to pass her lips, and has declared many a time that it is 'be-gusting.' Luckily she has a very active imagination, so when we had a mermaid tea-party recently, she joined in with gusto and tried her tuna pasta first time - even finishing the bowl. When I asked her if she liked tuna now, she said 'only mermaid tuna'!




2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I may have to try it with my mermaid-obsessed girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret, amazing what a bit of role play can do. We're going to have a dinosaur lunch next as spinach isn't a favourite in our household but I hear that dinosaurs LOVE it! I'd love it if you could leave me some comments about where you do your shopping in Australia, which is the subject of my latest blog, it would be really interesting to compare the UK / Australia experiences.
    x

    ReplyDelete